New built-in HTTPS support
Legacy HTTPS support using CloudFlare
You can find more info here: https://www.cloudflare.com/ssl/
This solution is for advanced/technical users only. You can break your existing website, emails etc. if you don't know what you're doing - we can't help you with these issues! Also your proposals may be temporarily inaccessible during the last steps of the process!
- Create a new free CloudFlare.com account
- Add your website/domain to CloudFlare by changing your nameservers - just follow their guide and make sure your website, emails etc. still work
- Make sure your "Caching Level" under the "Caching" tab is set to "Standard" !
- Add your CNAME record as described in this article and make sure the CloudFlare icon is active so the traffic goes through their servers
- In the Crypto tab in CloudFlare set SSL to FULL. Make sure this step doesn't break your existing website. Please note that "Flexible" option won't work!
- Now tick the "Use HTTPS (SSL) on custom domain" checkbox in NiftyQuoter in My account / Custom domain
- Check that everything works correctly by opening one of your proposals - use the "Copy proposal URL for X Y" button on the proposal overview screen to get the new HTTPS link - you should see a green lock icon in Chrome for example. Please note that it can take a few hours before it starts working, your proposals may be inaccessible during that time!